Monday, August 15, 2011

Herniated discs! c1 c2 c3 c4 c5 c6 c7 T1 L5 S1...my doc refused to increase meds! what the hell!?

hello, 18mos ago i was told i had 2 herniated discs, L5 S1, i have a high tolerance for pain from being in the marines, wrestling, being a cop for 14yrs until i went out on a med disability etc. i can take some pain and i dont go to my pain mgt. doctor buggin for pain meds etc. for the whole 18months i knew there was something more going on! i advised the doc like hey man, uh i have shooting pain down my arms, legs, and ungodly amounts of stiffness in my joints, back, neck etc. then i asked for stronger pain meds, something more than 15mgs of percocet 6x daily etc. he blew me off, in fact he didnt even ask what how i was feeling! oh but dont miss your copay man, THEN YOU VE GOT THEIR ATTENTION! well, the mri results i asked for finally came back, after them losing them etc, yea, just like i thought, all of the discs in my are herniated, the thoracic T1, L5, S1 and all C! through %7 are spurred/herniated and then this pain doctor still would not increase the pain meds! he apologized too me and said i know your are a legitimate patient and your symptoms are valid based on the mri, then he walked out saying too me that i should work hard for the next 10yrs as i may be in a wheelchair etc. he mentioned a laminectomy back procedure and said i' d be in bed for 6 mos, i dont believe it! this guy just makes wisecracks about my conidition and bitches that he has too many patients on oxycontin etc. im thinking yea jack becasue half of those idiots are abusing them and dont need them, now that im legit, i get screwed and sterotyped as a seeker i guess cuz he keeps lying to me about meds etc. i refused methadone, i refused oxycontin but now my back has decompensated to the point with arthritis, multiple discs hernations that im scared for my health. i think now that oxycontin ie. a long acting opoid may be necessary. my current doc. is 83yrs and doesnt gitve ****, so im leaving to another doc! anyone have any opinions on meds, procedures, how to proceed on this? is chiropractic bad at this point? everybody wants to beat up on my insurance card man, its crazy. now hes talking surgery, but when i ask for some meds stronger than 15mgs he blows me off! ive refused methadone, fentanyl patches, oxycontin, and now i need to do somthing, it hurts tremendously. my doc is 83yrs old and walks around bitching that he works 7 days a week, and the whole office is loaded with hillbilly patients that all look like junkies. im thinking that this is the element that they like as im clean clut, aggressive, i want answers, not necessarily just meds, i want options, i dont think they like this. but hell men i talk to the patients around me and they go in and get meed that help them, they say the doctor gives it too them, my conditions is worse that those i have talk too etc. i dont get it! advise!

No comments:

Post a Comment